Friday, January 21, 2011

Blog Assignment 1

In 1977 my parents Margaret and Michael Bishop gave birth to a baby girl and named her Lara Michele.I have no brothers or sisters, yes I was a lonely child. We grew up in Bayou La Batre, Alabama which is a very small town full of seafood. In my teenage years I moved to Mobile where I graduated in 1996 from Ben C Rain high school. I was a teenage mother at the age of fifteen to my daughter Krystin and at eighteen to my son Kyle. They both have very different personalities but share the same heart full of love. Krystin is a freshman and Kyle is a senior. He graduates this May and will be continuing his education at Mobile College majoring in theology. His dream is to be an evangelist and Krystin well she just wants to foster all of the kids in the world.Like I said very different personalities. In high school I met my sweetheart and we married in 1996 and I became a full time mom and wife. No one in my family had ever been to college so I also decided that maybe it wasn't for me either. After many dead end low paying jobs and a divorce I decided to apply to South Alabama and here I am. I began majoring in Nursing for the money and quickly remembered where my passion was. As a child I played school and I also taught preschool in a daycare center. I have a love for children and a passion to see them learn and excel. My goal is to be not only a teacher that teaches academically but nurturing and loving the children and instilling morals and faith in them along my journey. I owe my life and my journey to my father Jesus Christ and I know that with him I will walk this path and it will lead me to my destination to change lives one child at a time.

picture Lara Bishop

2 comments:

  1. I too am a divorced, single mother. I understand the struggle of working, school and being a full time mother. I work in a hospital so I have seen the people who have gone into nursing for the money and then realized it wasn't what they wanted. It is good to hear that you followed your heart and changed to education. You seem to have a strong faith in god and he will lead you in the right direction. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete