Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blog Post 14

1. I believe that there are several reasons that people missed the metaphor in the post. first of all when we read something sometimes it is hard to tell the emotion, feeling, or sarcasm in it. This is why text messages are so easily misunderstood. Some may not have read it through correctly. For me I have no clue because once you said it I was like Wow, Silly me. This taught me to really look closely to what I am reading.

2.Metaphors are used so much that we take them for granted and don't even realize we are using them. Some that I can think of are.

  • Time is a thief
  • Take a moment to digest the info
  • Apple of my eye
  • Blood is thicker than water
3. As educators we can teach our students to read between the lines and better analyze what they read. We can also teach them to write using metaphor and how to use them in life. When I teach my students about writing I will be sure to talk in depth about metaphors.

4.Good metaphors suggest new ways of thinking about things and suggest new ideas. They bring out creativity in our writing and in our thinking.

*Metaphors let us prod the language into new meaning, stretching and enhancing its usage

No comments:

Post a Comment