Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blog Post # 9

What I've Learned This Year By:Mr. McClung
Mr. McClungs blog was what every aspiring teacher needs to read. There are so many truths in his blog that I already know from teaching a 4-K class and Sunday school. The thing that I can relate to him the most on is patience. Wow what patience we have to have as teachers and not only with our students but with fellow teachers and even ourselves. We have to learn that everything won't work out the way planned. That leads me to the quote he stated. No lesson is ever perfect. The lesson you teach and the one you plan are always different". That quote speaks so much truth because no matter what you plan, practice or write down you will think of things as you are presenting them. Just like if I wrote this blog again it would never be the same. This morning as I taught Sunday school my lesson turned a different way and had a different outcome than I had planned or ever expected. As teachers we have to strive to open up a door to our students and let them help teach with their ides, their imagination and their help because you never know what will come out of that. I think that it is awesome that Mr. McClung shared with us what he has experienced as a teacher so far and would love to keep in touch and hear more from the classroom. As a future teacher I am nervous about many things and need all of the inspiration that I can get to help me through the initial stage. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree, we must be patient. Not only with our children or our students but with life. Beingpatient and listeneing is to me one of the most important things we could do for someone. I believe that listening to s child can change their life. It teaches them that it is possible and to do the same thing for others. We are stting a example and we need to be setting a great one.

    ReplyDelete